Skip to main content

Year of the Dragon

 



First off, Happy New Year to my blog readers! Not sure if I actually have blog readers but if I do- I wish you well! We are coming up on the Chinese Lunar New Year and it's Year of the Dragon! I jumped into the year at a crazy pace and really need to pace myself for ALL THE THINGS I'm trying to accomplish. First off it was very important to me to launch a couple things and explore some other platforms. Those being: Tiktok, Patreon and YouTube
I'll go on to say that I actually did not want to do any of these. I repeat DID NOT WANT TO DO THESE. 
*Didn't think I was worthy for people to pay me on Patreon and also thought creating perks for people monthly was a lot of work.
So far ...IT IS A LOT OF WORK....but I am new and growing from the ground up and that's how it is. Growing pains! I'm working to learn and streamline this so it goes hand in hand with...
*YouTube channel! Who actually does not enjoy seeing my weird face and voice in a video? Hi. ME. I really did not want to do the Tube but it is one of the highly trafficked sites still where people can organically find you perhaps. At least much easier than Facebook and Instapoop. Sorry not sorry, Zuckerberg has totally ruined so many art businesses by his evil takeover of Instagram. And I was really wary of joining Tiktok after seeing so many inane videos of people snapping and suddenly there's some weird transformation. New clothes ...or suddenly they are pretty or some other such poopoo. I was like Tiktok is for kids! But Tiktok is also a highly trafficked website with people who have never seen my art before. So I ventured forth... And actually do not hate it. They make it super easy to make interesting looking "shorts" that I can easily use on other platforms without too much time spent there. That's a plus! Bottom line is- 
I ALREADY SPEND TOO MUCH TIME IN FRONT OF A SCREEN AND NOT ENOUGH TIME IN FRONT OF A CANVAS
And my aim is to streamline everything in time...so that changes... but embrace that right now I'm trying to grow the seeds and it takes work setting up the garden. But let's see what's happened since starting



I have made "meditation painting videos" part of my Patreon perks. If you sign up at $12 you'll be able to see the video and either paint along with the project or just chill out and watch. I just uploaded my first one and within a week of soft launching my Patreon I have 

So for one month I can expect $90 and to me that breaks down to 
*A big bag of cat food for my 4 cats 🐈 
*My $40+ Shopify fee gets paid so my online shop stays open 🛒
*I can pay $10 for my video editing app to make better video experiences for my patrons 🙂

THERE ARE CREATORS ON THERE WHO MAKE THOUSANDS A MONTH 😳
I don't know that I'll ever get to that point but I'm having fun learning some new things! 
I haven't even really launched my first official YouTube channel but got these analytics this morning. ALREADY more eyes on my stuff than I see from Instagram or Facebook and most of them were not subscribers or people I know from my own tribes. So the takeaway is NEW EYES ON MY STUFF that will hopefully translate to new collectors or patrons and hopefully subscribers who will eventually help me get monetized. Art is my business and I need to treat it as such when I'm not treating it as something magical and holy to me- which it is.
I just want to paint and create as much as I can while I'm alive and breathing. To do that I have to keep a roof over my head, lights on and food on the table and all that requires... 🤑 Meh, money!
I know there are other artists on my page who follow all this stuff to see how they can benefit from all my work and research. I hope it helps you in some way! 

You can definitely kick me a tip in my tip jar if you have found value in all my toils 🤣 This really is how art community thrives, you help me- I help you. My business tips will now be going on to Patreon 😁

Wanna say I APPRECIATE YOU PATRICIA RODRIGUEZ AND TUCO DESERVES SOME TREATS?
PayPal: ptrixie3@yahoo.com

Kofi: https://ko-fi.com/tigerbee

Join my Patreon! Even at the $3 level it's a deal! 

https://www.patreon.com/tigerbee?utm_campaign=creatorshare_creator 

Subscribe to my YouTube for free! 

https://youtube.com/@humanartproject?si=aF7r4N6hyKee4N2P

Buy some prints for $18 😁 

https://tigerbee-arts.myshopify.com/

And because this is all supposed to be about ART! Beautiful art! Here is what I've painted since the New Year started! 

"Aerial Frost", 18" x 24" acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, $700 AVAILABLE 

"Nature Hex 2" 8" x 8" mixed media on canvas, $100 AVAILABLE 

"Nature Hex 1" SOLD

"PAGODA Fungus" SOLD 

"Dragon Meditation 1" 12" x 12" acrylic on canvas, $150 AVAILABLE

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! I APPRECIATE YOU READING, FOLLOWING, SUBSCRIBING AND SUPPORTING ❤️ YOU MAKE THE ART POSSIBLE!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Rockford was keeping me broke

Ah Rockford files, a comfortable and silly way to unwind after work. Yes, I am completely aware that I've turned into my Dad and watching Dad shows totally cements that theory. I had to start looking at the handsome James Garner in a new light though... He was a rich and famous star in his time and every evening spent curled up watching Rockford Files was an evening a painting wasn't getting worked on. No painting, no art show material. No painting, no galleries. No painting, no money. Would James Garner be watching TV every evening in a tired drowsy ball and not getting stuff done? Probably not.  So I pulled myself away from TV land in the evenings and devoted at least a little time in the mornings as well. Even if it's just ten minutes. Even if you are just filling in all the blacks, blues or whatever... It is progress. Something is better than nothing. I'm proud to say this little habit tweak has totally kicked my butt into gear and I'm producing at a rate I'

How I had the best art year

  This was the year I got rejection letters from every open call I applied to. Granted, it wasn't very many I applied to because I am very picky about what I sign up for AND I am also very jaded about these things of late.  However, this was my best art year to date and I kinda love that it was all rejection notices this year and I STILL HAD THE BEST ART YEAR EVER. Takeaway: Today's open calls are very "agenda based" and the jurors they choose to judge have their agendas. Some want more millennials and younger artists and shun the older artists, some want you to tackle race, gender identity, politics, feminist, pro this or that.... And my art does not. I'm going to stick by  my "Nature is more important than most bullshit" stance till I die because the very atom of life and Nature is more important in my eyes than most of the stuff humans do to feel more important than another group.  But I digress! I did not get into the velvet rope clubs and it was gre

The Backstory- cliff notes edition

  Skip navigation  little backstory I was totally working for myself as an artist and you know what? It was HARD! Harder than hard and harder than any job ever. But it was the most rewarding experience and I learned so much about so many things and I want to share that knowledge with you guys... My VIP art club. I didn't get a fair shake from the very beginning of my art career. I suffered a back injury at my "muggle" job which required a lot of physical therapy to get over and which I will have with me forever now. It was actually the impetus for me to quit my job and start being an artist! So I turned my bad luck into fuel for my fire. I saved 5k (painstakingly while enduring all the BS at a terrible job) and then I made the leap. I was so excited and optimistic about working for myself! I had sold little pieces here and there and was sure it was only upwards from there. 2 weeks into my freedom- my Dad died unexpectedly. What came next was indescribable DEPRESSION and a