Skip to main content

Swimsuit Edition!

Welcome June! Welcome Summer! I see you tearing through my curtains with your fiery orange beams, trying to get me into my bikini and to the pool. This seemed a fairly innocent way to get people to read my blog....posting a sexy Brigitte Bardot in a bikini and entitling it "swimsuit edition". Got you here didn't it? Tsk Tsk you naughty readers! :)
photo by Alan Blanquicet (Robert Taylor and Dan Pritchett)
Just wrapped up an art opening at RISING GALLERY on Friday and was so pleased to meet some new people and reconnect with some friends I hadn't seen in awhile. All the art was fantastic and it was nice to see the work in person. Every one of the Project 7 x 7 collaborations were auctioned off and went to new homes while raising money for Alley's House. I got excellent feedback on my work and newest pieces.

photo by Alan Blanquicet (me with my work)
I also learned that if the Flaming Lips are in town almost 90% of your friends will probably be there. Remind me to not die and have a funeral while those dudes are in town. Wow! I am impressed with their rulership! I met a new friend who brought me a whole carload of vinyl records to paint on! Woohoo! I AM STOCKED!
My wonderful friend James Garrett  (Artbot 138) showed up and bid and won two pieces! Way to go art collector! I was then able to go see his collection the next day, he has the most impressive collection of R2D2's in all the land. Seriously. He also owns a couple of my pieces and I got to wave hi to them too
I was feeling a bit under the weather by Saturday evening, maybe just too much work, running around trying to get everything ready, working out hardcore and throwing stuff like bubblegum root beer and chocolate shakes in my tank. :-/  My body had a major meltdown and I could barely move with exhaustion and feverishness. Today I am feeling much better and have stocked up on whole foods, veggies, fruits and such.
Furries at AKON
I still need to upload the few photos I took at AKON- I was wanting to spend more time there this weekend but wasn't feeling so hot. I did manage to take an amazing photo of these guys though. And because you probably came here looking for swimsuits and possible little droids, I present you with a most awesome swimsuit:
Was I lying? WOW!
I unfortunately broke the bikini top on my bikini last year. (Don't ask, don't worry no kids got to see my buoys at the pool thank goodness!) So I'm now on the hunt for a new one. I have a nice retro bikini but it's not really for swimming in so much as it's a vintage poly material that is hot (sweaty not sexy). Looks great BY the pool and at fun Luaus though
ALOHA! See there was bikini payoff in the end! Have a fantastic start to the summer, SPF it up! I'll bring back more arty fun with my sunburn tomorrow!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Rockford was keeping me broke

Ah Rockford files, a comfortable and silly way to unwind after work. Yes, I am completely aware that I've turned into my Dad and watching Dad shows totally cements that theory. I had to start looking at the handsome James Garner in a new light though... He was a rich and famous star in his time and every evening spent curled up watching Rockford Files was an evening a painting wasn't getting worked on. No painting, no art show material. No painting, no galleries. No painting, no money. Would James Garner be watching TV every evening in a tired drowsy ball and not getting stuff done? Probably not.  So I pulled myself away from TV land in the evenings and devoted at least a little time in the mornings as well. Even if it's just ten minutes. Even if you are just filling in all the blacks, blues or whatever... It is progress. Something is better than nothing. I'm proud to say this little habit tweak has totally kicked my butt into gear and I'm producing at a rate I'

How I had the best art year

  This was the year I got rejection letters from every open call I applied to. Granted, it wasn't very many I applied to because I am very picky about what I sign up for AND I am also very jaded about these things of late.  However, this was my best art year to date and I kinda love that it was all rejection notices this year and I STILL HAD THE BEST ART YEAR EVER. Takeaway: Today's open calls are very "agenda based" and the jurors they choose to judge have their agendas. Some want more millennials and younger artists and shun the older artists, some want you to tackle race, gender identity, politics, feminist, pro this or that.... And my art does not. I'm going to stick by  my "Nature is more important than most bullshit" stance till I die because the very atom of life and Nature is more important in my eyes than most of the stuff humans do to feel more important than another group.  But I digress! I did not get into the velvet rope clubs and it was gre

The Backstory- cliff notes edition

  Skip navigation  little backstory I was totally working for myself as an artist and you know what? It was HARD! Harder than hard and harder than any job ever. But it was the most rewarding experience and I learned so much about so many things and I want to share that knowledge with you guys... My VIP art club. I didn't get a fair shake from the very beginning of my art career. I suffered a back injury at my "muggle" job which required a lot of physical therapy to get over and which I will have with me forever now. It was actually the impetus for me to quit my job and start being an artist! So I turned my bad luck into fuel for my fire. I saved 5k (painstakingly while enduring all the BS at a terrible job) and then I made the leap. I was so excited and optimistic about working for myself! I had sold little pieces here and there and was sure it was only upwards from there. 2 weeks into my freedom- my Dad died unexpectedly. What came next was indescribable DEPRESSION and a