Skip to main content

Abundance Project: Clean Thy Nest

                    "Calyces Hanging"

The past few days have been all about  tackling a To Do list before I jumped into work...and trying to feel abundant. It's hard to have the "Christmas Spirit" when all you can think about is making enough to pay the rent and looming bills and realizing you not only CAN'T get gifts for anyone but all your time must be devoted to- rent and bills.
And if you are online your nose is shoved in everyone elses shiny tinsel, living rooms with 5 Christmas trees and a bunch of "oh my I have 70 gifts to wrap!" and lots of food and parties you are not party to. 😂😂😂
 Luckily I do not care for materialistic things, shopping and spending lots of money on more plastic, polluting, etc.
However- not being able to afford basic life things or wincing at the price of a holiday ham I plan to buy for the families Christmas meal- that hurts!
So ABUNDANCE PROJECTS because focusing on what you have feels a heck of a lot better than focusing on what you lack.
I've already blogged about getting in your kitchen and taking stock of all the meals you can make with not much...so lets move on to something that doesn't sound fun but is definitely rewarding.
Taking care of your NEST aka home. Im a renter unfortunately and allllll my money seems to go to rent and all my life is consumed with making that rent. So making this little nest I pay all my toil to should be so comfortable to me.
Working ALL THE TIME usually means things fall by the wayside and before I know it- CLUTTERVILLE. My dresser becomes a place that everything lands on and the floor is suddenly my closet.
It IRKS ME when its like that and a low level of unhappiness sets in...another thing I need to do on a long list of things to do.
So my goal this weekend was chip at the clutter- kill the clothes pile, reclaim my dresser and remember this is MY NEST and it should be how I want it.
You will feel abundance as you put away allll your clothes you are lucky to have (I own 2 pairs of jeans instead of 5 Christmas trees) and realize you may have more socks than you previously thought. There's your Christmas present- more socks! 😂
You will realize you have an abundance of stuff-maybe even stuff you can donate and feel more abundant...or maybe even gift to others (now you have Christmas presents to give!)
Plus-you have gifted yourself peace of mind, space and a feeling that you accomplished your to do list and can now do anything!
Well almost anything...theres still rent to make!
Hopefully this helps anyone who is in the same boat as me. It's all perspective and mindset. Shift to what you have, not what you lack and try to enjoy the holidays and your peaceful nest.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Rockford was keeping me broke

Ah Rockford files, a comfortable and silly way to unwind after work. Yes, I am completely aware that I've turned into my Dad and watching Dad shows totally cements that theory. I had to start looking at the handsome James Garner in a new light though... He was a rich and famous star in his time and every evening spent curled up watching Rockford Files was an evening a painting wasn't getting worked on. No painting, no art show material. No painting, no galleries. No painting, no money. Would James Garner be watching TV every evening in a tired drowsy ball and not getting stuff done? Probably not.  So I pulled myself away from TV land in the evenings and devoted at least a little time in the mornings as well. Even if it's just ten minutes. Even if you are just filling in all the blacks, blues or whatever... It is progress. Something is better than nothing. I'm proud to say this little habit tweak has totally kicked my butt into gear and I'm producing at a rate I'

How I had the best art year

  This was the year I got rejection letters from every open call I applied to. Granted, it wasn't very many I applied to because I am very picky about what I sign up for AND I am also very jaded about these things of late.  However, this was my best art year to date and I kinda love that it was all rejection notices this year and I STILL HAD THE BEST ART YEAR EVER. Takeaway: Today's open calls are very "agenda based" and the jurors they choose to judge have their agendas. Some want more millennials and younger artists and shun the older artists, some want you to tackle race, gender identity, politics, feminist, pro this or that.... And my art does not. I'm going to stick by  my "Nature is more important than most bullshit" stance till I die because the very atom of life and Nature is more important in my eyes than most of the stuff humans do to feel more important than another group.  But I digress! I did not get into the velvet rope clubs and it was gre

The Backstory- cliff notes edition

  Skip navigation  little backstory I was totally working for myself as an artist and you know what? It was HARD! Harder than hard and harder than any job ever. But it was the most rewarding experience and I learned so much about so many things and I want to share that knowledge with you guys... My VIP art club. I didn't get a fair shake from the very beginning of my art career. I suffered a back injury at my "muggle" job which required a lot of physical therapy to get over and which I will have with me forever now. It was actually the impetus for me to quit my job and start being an artist! So I turned my bad luck into fuel for my fire. I saved 5k (painstakingly while enduring all the BS at a terrible job) and then I made the leap. I was so excited and optimistic about working for myself! I had sold little pieces here and there and was sure it was only upwards from there. 2 weeks into my freedom- my Dad died unexpectedly. What came next was indescribable DEPRESSION and a