Skip to main content

Let's Leap!

Happy Leap Day! My painting "Night and Day" seemed appropriate for the theme of leaping and leaping is just what I'm doing . I got the message asking for all my promo stuff for my solo art show and the fire has been lit. Its time to do some hardcore painting and making time in my busy work schedule for...even more painting.
This popped up on my Facebook memories and it was so cosmic! I guess in 2016 I was also prepping for something-but can't remember what. I guess the theme of my life is painting and keep painting. And speaking of painting...this painting sold yesterday and will be going to a fabulous collector. It was a timely sale because RENT time...my favorite time...the time where alllll the coins I've worked so hard for all month get deposited into my landlords bank account and not mine! Lol! We are working on getting out of this pattern and you know how?
Painting. Painting. Painting.
Duh!

(Sold! "Bite Back")

So yeah- about to hermit HARD so if you wanna see me in real-life please come out to Brizo tonight. I'll be DJing after the Thaddeus Ford Jazz band and am psyched to play some tunes I think are delicious and you may not have heard yet as well as some toe tappin classics. It will be a fun evening and the music will be on point!

Up early to paint, preview my playlist and put my house back together. Happy Saturday friends! Leap it up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Rockford was keeping me broke

Ah Rockford files, a comfortable and silly way to unwind after work. Yes, I am completely aware that I've turned into my Dad and watching Dad shows totally cements that theory. I had to start looking at the handsome James Garner in a new light though... He was a rich and famous star in his time and every evening spent curled up watching Rockford Files was an evening a painting wasn't getting worked on. No painting, no art show material. No painting, no galleries. No painting, no money. Would James Garner be watching TV every evening in a tired drowsy ball and not getting stuff done? Probably not.  So I pulled myself away from TV land in the evenings and devoted at least a little time in the mornings as well. Even if it's just ten minutes. Even if you are just filling in all the blacks, blues or whatever... It is progress. Something is better than nothing. I'm proud to say this little habit tweak has totally kicked my butt into gear and I'm producing at a rate I'

How I had the best art year

  This was the year I got rejection letters from every open call I applied to. Granted, it wasn't very many I applied to because I am very picky about what I sign up for AND I am also very jaded about these things of late.  However, this was my best art year to date and I kinda love that it was all rejection notices this year and I STILL HAD THE BEST ART YEAR EVER. Takeaway: Today's open calls are very "agenda based" and the jurors they choose to judge have their agendas. Some want more millennials and younger artists and shun the older artists, some want you to tackle race, gender identity, politics, feminist, pro this or that.... And my art does not. I'm going to stick by  my "Nature is more important than most bullshit" stance till I die because the very atom of life and Nature is more important in my eyes than most of the stuff humans do to feel more important than another group.  But I digress! I did not get into the velvet rope clubs and it was gre

The Backstory- cliff notes edition

  Skip navigation  little backstory I was totally working for myself as an artist and you know what? It was HARD! Harder than hard and harder than any job ever. But it was the most rewarding experience and I learned so much about so many things and I want to share that knowledge with you guys... My VIP art club. I didn't get a fair shake from the very beginning of my art career. I suffered a back injury at my "muggle" job which required a lot of physical therapy to get over and which I will have with me forever now. It was actually the impetus for me to quit my job and start being an artist! So I turned my bad luck into fuel for my fire. I saved 5k (painstakingly while enduring all the BS at a terrible job) and then I made the leap. I was so excited and optimistic about working for myself! I had sold little pieces here and there and was sure it was only upwards from there. 2 weeks into my freedom- my Dad died unexpectedly. What came next was indescribable DEPRESSION and a