Skip to main content

Your Pep Talk for the New Year

I LOVE going into the New Year doing what I love...creating. What a life affirming endeavor to approach the new year making something new come to life.
So I'll be full on in my studio today working on my wolf and then doing a quick store run for my laid back festivities tonight. Charcuterie 2020! Thats simply how I want to ring in the New Year. Snacks. Cheese. Pajamas. BRING IT!
No hangover, smudgy Alice Cooper makeup the next morning feeling like run over poop with a giant headache. That's not how Im rolling into the new decade. I made lots of sourdough baguettes and have a nice baked brie with cranberry sauce that needs to party tonight. I feel like such a disciplined adult. 😂
Im also expecting to be fully asleep by midnight because I don't need a bunch of strangers on TV heralding in the New Year for me. New Year starts when I say it starts and it starts regardless if Im awake to say hi..or not.
I'll party with friends another night.
Usually I wax philosophical on the year gone by but this year all I have to say is I must've leveled up spiritually and emotionally because I just handled everything that came at me and I did not break down.
When negative things started creeping in my door I grabbed em by the scruff (mama cat style) and put them back on the doorstep outside. Yeah that's not coming back in my house.
 Anyone who was not Team Trish was just not let in my headspace. If I made time and effort for others but they never reciprocated- I took notes and dished out the same. No hard feelings but TWO WAY STREETS and all that jazz. It was a year of taking care of business and taking care of me for a change.
If I have any wisdom to impart from this year its DONT WAIT FOR THEM and ENJOY LIFE. Time is so important and waiting for people to deliver on things (they probably won't) is a waste of time. Want something? Go get it. Need opportunities? Go get it. Do not wait for them. And while you are not waiting for things to happen- ENJOY LIFE...the mystery, the unknown, the little moments, the hard work, the satisfaction, the magic of decisions and actions and saying yes to yourself and no to the bullshit. ENJOY IT!
I hope your New Year is filled with great decisions, peace, health, charcuteries and creating. ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Rockford was keeping me broke

Ah Rockford files, a comfortable and silly way to unwind after work. Yes, I am completely aware that I've turned into my Dad and watching Dad shows totally cements that theory. I had to start looking at the handsome James Garner in a new light though... He was a rich and famous star in his time and every evening spent curled up watching Rockford Files was an evening a painting wasn't getting worked on. No painting, no art show material. No painting, no galleries. No painting, no money. Would James Garner be watching TV every evening in a tired drowsy ball and not getting stuff done? Probably not.  So I pulled myself away from TV land in the evenings and devoted at least a little time in the mornings as well. Even if it's just ten minutes. Even if you are just filling in all the blacks, blues or whatever... It is progress. Something is better than nothing. I'm proud to say this little habit tweak has totally kicked my butt into gear and I'm producing at a rate I'

How I had the best art year

  This was the year I got rejection letters from every open call I applied to. Granted, it wasn't very many I applied to because I am very picky about what I sign up for AND I am also very jaded about these things of late.  However, this was my best art year to date and I kinda love that it was all rejection notices this year and I STILL HAD THE BEST ART YEAR EVER. Takeaway: Today's open calls are very "agenda based" and the jurors they choose to judge have their agendas. Some want more millennials and younger artists and shun the older artists, some want you to tackle race, gender identity, politics, feminist, pro this or that.... And my art does not. I'm going to stick by  my "Nature is more important than most bullshit" stance till I die because the very atom of life and Nature is more important in my eyes than most of the stuff humans do to feel more important than another group.  But I digress! I did not get into the velvet rope clubs and it was gre

The Backstory- cliff notes edition

  Skip navigation  little backstory I was totally working for myself as an artist and you know what? It was HARD! Harder than hard and harder than any job ever. But it was the most rewarding experience and I learned so much about so many things and I want to share that knowledge with you guys... My VIP art club. I didn't get a fair shake from the very beginning of my art career. I suffered a back injury at my "muggle" job which required a lot of physical therapy to get over and which I will have with me forever now. It was actually the impetus for me to quit my job and start being an artist! So I turned my bad luck into fuel for my fire. I saved 5k (painstakingly while enduring all the BS at a terrible job) and then I made the leap. I was so excited and optimistic about working for myself! I had sold little pieces here and there and was sure it was only upwards from there. 2 weeks into my freedom- my Dad died unexpectedly. What came next was indescribable DEPRESSION and a