Skip to main content

Girl Stuff

 
Last day of July and it's Friyay! Today is a work-work day at the lamp shoppe getting bases sanded, primed, painted and glossed. It's also Metabolic Renewal workout day- how will the workout kill me today I wonder? Please don't be another leg day 😜

Pretty proud that these 4 miler's are becoming a regular occurrence instead of a once in a blue moon event. This shows so much progress. I can now work on my time and adding in some short sprints. I'm being very careful to not injure anything... It seems whenever I start making progress with walking or running something stupid happens... plantar fasciitis, pulled muscle, etc. Not this time! Uber careful!


One of my favorite things to do while exercising...shoot some Nature photos and share it with my online friends and family. So exercising outside is very motivational because of that.
Since I've been keeping a record of my health stuff online pretty well, and because I think mainly chicks read my blog 😂 I'll put it out there that a most miraculous thing has been happening.
I'm not sure why or how long it will last and hopefully I don't jinx it...but my endometriosis- has gone dormant. Like no pains for months now. Not even a small reminder. None. Considering how extremely painful, debilitating and how much it has wrecked my life... This is the strangest, best and biggest thing that's ever happened to me. I'll restate- my endometriosis has gone dormant with no use of pharmaceuticals, birth control, surgeries, etc. GONE. After Covid hospital stay I opted to stay off birth control and that month was my last horrible month of pain. Then my body began having periods again... Granted these are heavy periods.. They do not hurt. No terrible cramps! I get the faintest whisper in my ovaries a few days before and that's it! I'll take heavy periods over pain for sure! And periods... Just like a normal woman has.. never thought I'd see the day. 😳 So yeah, that's been happening and I don't know why. I only hope it stays forever. I've done my time with extreme murderous pain and never ever want to see it again. It feels like I've won the lottery and been released from prison. It feels that good!
So my Metabolic Renewal workout is based on hormonal type .. And I think I may now be a whole different type because my initial issues are gone. 🤔
Anyway, girl stuff but important to me LIFE STUFF.
Covid made me really tune in to my body even closer than before and I'm learning how to care for it and change that care daily. Some days need extra care, some days I need to do less and rest, some days I can really push it but all days listen,listen, listen. It's nice to not curse your body and feel like you actually love your body for once, curves, gooshy parts and all. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Rockford was keeping me broke

Ah Rockford files, a comfortable and silly way to unwind after work. Yes, I am completely aware that I've turned into my Dad and watching Dad shows totally cements that theory. I had to start looking at the handsome James Garner in a new light though... He was a rich and famous star in his time and every evening spent curled up watching Rockford Files was an evening a painting wasn't getting worked on. No painting, no art show material. No painting, no galleries. No painting, no money. Would James Garner be watching TV every evening in a tired drowsy ball and not getting stuff done? Probably not.  So I pulled myself away from TV land in the evenings and devoted at least a little time in the mornings as well. Even if it's just ten minutes. Even if you are just filling in all the blacks, blues or whatever... It is progress. Something is better than nothing. I'm proud to say this little habit tweak has totally kicked my butt into gear and I'm producing at a rate I'

How I had the best art year

  This was the year I got rejection letters from every open call I applied to. Granted, it wasn't very many I applied to because I am very picky about what I sign up for AND I am also very jaded about these things of late.  However, this was my best art year to date and I kinda love that it was all rejection notices this year and I STILL HAD THE BEST ART YEAR EVER. Takeaway: Today's open calls are very "agenda based" and the jurors they choose to judge have their agendas. Some want more millennials and younger artists and shun the older artists, some want you to tackle race, gender identity, politics, feminist, pro this or that.... And my art does not. I'm going to stick by  my "Nature is more important than most bullshit" stance till I die because the very atom of life and Nature is more important in my eyes than most of the stuff humans do to feel more important than another group.  But I digress! I did not get into the velvet rope clubs and it was gre

The Backstory- cliff notes edition

  Skip navigation  little backstory I was totally working for myself as an artist and you know what? It was HARD! Harder than hard and harder than any job ever. But it was the most rewarding experience and I learned so much about so many things and I want to share that knowledge with you guys... My VIP art club. I didn't get a fair shake from the very beginning of my art career. I suffered a back injury at my "muggle" job which required a lot of physical therapy to get over and which I will have with me forever now. It was actually the impetus for me to quit my job and start being an artist! So I turned my bad luck into fuel for my fire. I saved 5k (painstakingly while enduring all the BS at a terrible job) and then I made the leap. I was so excited and optimistic about working for myself! I had sold little pieces here and there and was sure it was only upwards from there. 2 weeks into my freedom- my Dad died unexpectedly. What came next was indescribable DEPRESSION and a