Skip to main content

Starting Somewhere (a boring health blog)

This is not my smoothie but basically my smoothie. Yesterday was my first day with a protein smoothie breakfast to start the day. And it pretty much kept me full till lunchtime. It was packed with whey protein, blueberries, kale and a dose of canned coconut milk. This is slightly reminding me of my Slim Fast days and shakes for breakfast and lunch. I actually would lose 2 lbs a week on that diet but those shakes are full of sugars and who knows what else. These are much healthier and Slim Fast days were my late 20s and 30s... I was a different woman then. My hormones and body were a different beast 😂
I don't have the chia seeds the recipe calls for to make it more filling but will add flax into today's mix. I obviously need to stock up on more ingredients for these.
My first workout session...pretty much still feeling it and could barely walk yesterday. Squats are NO JOKE. I'm hoping today's workout is not leg related at all or I'll have to push it off for one more day of recovery. I have to go to work today and I need my legs to get me there!
Had a minor snack attack yesterday and ended up eating a granny smith apple with peanut butter and nuts...and ten tiny cheddar flavored rice snacks 🙄 Not bad considering I really wanted some damn Blue Bell icecream I stupidly bought.
This is going to be a work in progress and honing things as I go and eliminating as I need to. I'm listening to my body and chilling when I need to and pushing when I think I can. The whole point is to manage Cortisol...stress hormone...and taking it at my own pace.
I'm in a Metabolic Renewal group and hearing ladies who are older (in worse shape than me )  conquer their workouts and goals gives me hope. Yes I Can Too!
This is a pretty boring blog but in case you were thinking of starting or restarting a health regiment or reset...jump in (again). There's no time like now. It can start with just moving a little more. A little walking. A little stretching. Start small. We all start somewhere. ❤️

Comments

  1. I dragged out the calorie counting app Sunday. Would like to lose the covid 5 I gained on top of the Christmas 5 that sits on the I haven't lost this since 55 5. Revving metabolism is key. Is this a fb group ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! There is a Facebook group for it but you have to buy the Metabolic t program to get into it. It's my first time doing anything like this. So simple breakdown was for about $45 you get meal plans, workouts and nutrition instry tailored for your hormone type. There are shakes you can buy but I just got my own whey protein powder for those. So far I'm liking it, the workouts are 15 minutes of very targeted exercises designed to rev up your metabolism and kick your "human growth hormone" into gear. Just lost my 1st lb and I've only done 3 days of the progy 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for typos! Instry? 😂 Instructions. And progy? Program. My phone is super silly today!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jim Rockford was keeping me broke

Ah Rockford files, a comfortable and silly way to unwind after work. Yes, I am completely aware that I've turned into my Dad and watching Dad shows totally cements that theory. I had to start looking at the handsome James Garner in a new light though... He was a rich and famous star in his time and every evening spent curled up watching Rockford Files was an evening a painting wasn't getting worked on. No painting, no art show material. No painting, no galleries. No painting, no money. Would James Garner be watching TV every evening in a tired drowsy ball and not getting stuff done? Probably not.  So I pulled myself away from TV land in the evenings and devoted at least a little time in the mornings as well. Even if it's just ten minutes. Even if you are just filling in all the blacks, blues or whatever... It is progress. Something is better than nothing. I'm proud to say this little habit tweak has totally kicked my butt into gear and I'm producing at a rate I'

How I had the best art year

  This was the year I got rejection letters from every open call I applied to. Granted, it wasn't very many I applied to because I am very picky about what I sign up for AND I am also very jaded about these things of late.  However, this was my best art year to date and I kinda love that it was all rejection notices this year and I STILL HAD THE BEST ART YEAR EVER. Takeaway: Today's open calls are very "agenda based" and the jurors they choose to judge have their agendas. Some want more millennials and younger artists and shun the older artists, some want you to tackle race, gender identity, politics, feminist, pro this or that.... And my art does not. I'm going to stick by  my "Nature is more important than most bullshit" stance till I die because the very atom of life and Nature is more important in my eyes than most of the stuff humans do to feel more important than another group.  But I digress! I did not get into the velvet rope clubs and it was gre

The Backstory- cliff notes edition

  Skip navigation  little backstory I was totally working for myself as an artist and you know what? It was HARD! Harder than hard and harder than any job ever. But it was the most rewarding experience and I learned so much about so many things and I want to share that knowledge with you guys... My VIP art club. I didn't get a fair shake from the very beginning of my art career. I suffered a back injury at my "muggle" job which required a lot of physical therapy to get over and which I will have with me forever now. It was actually the impetus for me to quit my job and start being an artist! So I turned my bad luck into fuel for my fire. I saved 5k (painstakingly while enduring all the BS at a terrible job) and then I made the leap. I was so excited and optimistic about working for myself! I had sold little pieces here and there and was sure it was only upwards from there. 2 weeks into my freedom- my Dad died unexpectedly. What came next was indescribable DEPRESSION and a